In an age of high house prices, climate change and rising electricity costs, it’s understandable that more and more people are looking for houses that are eco-friendly, sustainable and cost effective. However, with most home builders you normally have to trade these goals off against each other. Eco-friendly & sustainable houses are generally less cost effective and so on. At Future Home Living it’s our mission to use a combination of modern panel building and solar power technology to buck this trend and deliver fantastic houses that deliver on all three fronts.
Eco-Friendliness & Sustainability
The Ecostrut panel building system is a revolutionary new construction method in which panels are prefabricated in an offsite factory and then transported to the site, slotted into panels on the concrete slab and attached to the roof with durable steel rods. It’s a simple and effective new method that has a number of ecological and sustainability benefits, including:
- It’s made in Australia from quality sustainable & recyclable components, which helps to cut down the carbon footprint associated with transporting building materials from overseas and prevents it from ending up in a landfill in the future.
- Less construction waste is produced, which means that there’s much less material being transported to landfill.
- Improved insulation throughout your home means that you’ll use less energy heating and cooling it, which in turn drastically reduces your carbon footprint.
Available on every Future Home Living build, solar energy systems also have some fantastic environment & sustainability benefits, such as:
- Helping to reduce our dependence on scarce fossil fuel by powering our homes with unlimited, free solar energy.
- Reducing the carbon footprint and air pollution load of the house by using less power generated by environmentally harmful fossil fuels like coal.
In addition to looking great and providing some fantastic ecological and sustainability benefits, using Ecostrut panel building also helps make home construction much more cost effective due to the following factors:
- It can be put together quickly and easily by a carpenter and two trades assistants, so you have less trades on site for less time. This results in dramatically lower labour costs, especially when compared to traditional brick construction and its associated army of brickies.
- Less materials on site means lower costs associated with the tidying and disposing of waste.
- Quicker construction times save you money on rent, insurance and bridging finance interest.
- Better insulation drastically reduces your power consumption and this helps to lower your monthly power bill.
Solar energy systems are also a great way of helping to make our homes more cost effective as they harness free power from the sun instead of relying on paid power from the electricity grid. Not only will this help to reduce your power bill, you can even sell the surplus energy you generate back into the grid to further enhance cost effectiveness.
Looking to build yourself a stunning new home that hits the mark when it comes to eco-friendliness, sustainability and cost effectiveness? Our experience in maximising the effectiveness of solar energy systems and the revolutionary Ecostrut panel building system means that we can help your next house build be far better for both your bank balance and the health of the planet. Get in touch with us today on 9444 9333 to find out more.