A primary focus of all our homes here at Future Home Living is to ensure the homes we build are eco-friendly and energy efficient. Using these as a focus as building our new home designs not only helps create a more sustainable future but also helps you save money by minimizing your energy costs around the home.
One of the most common and effective ways you can help create a more eco-friendly and energy efficient home is to implement the use of solar panels at your home. Solar panels are a simple yet effective way to minimize the amount of power usage your home uses from traditional electricity grids.
The steps below summarise how home solar panels work:
- PV (photovoltaic) cells convert sunlight to direct current (DC) electricity
- An inverter connected to the solar panels converts the generated electricity into alternating current (AC) electricity
- The electrical panel sends power to your home lighting and appliances
- The utility meter measures the energy you draw and feed back to the grid
So ultimately, how does the use of solar panels benefit your home, the environment, and your wallet?
- Reduce your electricity bill
One of the main reasons that many people around the world are converting their home power source of energy to solar is to cut down their electricity bills. By converting as many home appliances as possible to use solar energy, you can save a significant amount of savings in your utilities expenses. Not only does using solar energy help save you money on power consumption (by utilising the free energy power provided by the sun) but it also helps you save money by redistributing excess electricity generated by your solar panels back into the electricity grid to help further offset your power usage.
- It is a renewable energy source
Typical electricity is generated from fossil fuel that has a set lifespan and is expected to become increasingly scarce as fossil fuel exploration and production gets exhausted. Solar energy is a good alternative to replace fossil fuel as the major energy source because solar power is renewable at absolutely no cost to supply energy infinitely.
- Environment friendly
The world is experiencing two major environmental issues – increased pollution levels and global warming as a result of the increased use of fossil fuels. Reducing the environmental footprint from the burning of fossil fuels can have long lasting positive impacts and help protect the environment for much longer.
- Low / no maintenance needed
Once you have installed the solar power system, it can last twenty to thirty years without major maintenance needed. You may need to do system check once a year, just to make sure everything is performing as it should, however since the required maintenance is very low, you would also expect your maintenance costs to be low as well.
For more information about how our homes at Future Home Living are designed to be more eco-friendly and energy efficient, feel free to get in touch with our experienced home design team at Future Home Living on 9444 9333.
Solar Panels Specs
270 WATT CANADIAN SOLAR PANELS
- Excellent module efficiency of up to 16.16%
- Latest Polycrystalline technology
- Heavy snow load up to 5400 Pa, wind load up to 2400 Pa
- Outstanding low irradiance performance: 96.5 %
- High resistance PID
- IP67 junction box for long-term weather endurance
- Warranty: Product: 10 years, Performance: 25 years
Single Phase Inverter
ZERVERSOLAR WIFI INVERTER
- Extremely lightweight with only 7.3 kg
- 37.5% less power electronic components
- Patented inverter topology
- Sunclix connectors for toolless DC wiring
- Higher power yield with efficiency of 97.5%
- Extremely quiet with only 15dB noise
- Integrated Wi-Fi communication
- Compact design with IP65 casing for outdoor use
- Warranty: 10 years.
SOLAR GENERATION MONITORING
- Available across all devices.
Read more about energy cost savings here